Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks
The Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks are ideal for:
- * Examinations
- * Dentistry
- * Radiography (taking X-rays)
- * Reproductive work
- * Standing surgery
- * IV fluid therapy
- * Clipping, washing, grooming
- * Any other procedures requiring a stationary horse
Key Features of Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks
- * Convenient and simple setup and takedown. Stocks unfold to offer you a safe working place in minutes and fold back up to get you on your way fast, once your work is completed.
- * A three-pillar structure. If you’ve ever tried to extract a down horse from a four-pillar structure without a tractor, you’ll understand the benefit.
- * A pressure-independent latching mechanism to open the stocks and release your patient, in case the unthinkable happens.
- * Heavy padding covered with strong PVC in crucial areas to minimize patient injury, should an emergency arise. Padding is designed to be removable for cleaning, and is attached by heavy duty snaps and lacing.
- * Extendable column to support your patient’s head (or whatever else within reason you need to hold up) for dentistry or other procedures.
- * Onboard water and pump for your convenience.
- * Removable table, which tilts to keep your ultrasound and instruments where you want them.
Optional extras include:
- * Mini-Bar to contain ponies, miniatures, and small ruminants;
- * extra removable tables for your surgical gear or ultrasound;
- * heavy, soft rope and snap to hold horses forward or backward, as you wish, in the stocks.
- * Available as stationary stocks as well.
MTA Finance now available to approved purchasers in New Zealand! Ask about it now!
Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks Offer Safety
While no structure makes working around horses a safe experience every time and we can’t promise to prevent all injuries by the use of our stocks, with Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks at work in your practice, you’ll know you’ve done the best you can to keep everyone as safe as humanly possible!
For your patients: Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks provide a solid structure for patients to lean upon, preventing the movement and frights horses can experience under sedation.
This enhanced stability during procedures may minimize the amount of anaesthetic drug required by most equids for effective sedation, improving post-treatment stability and decreasing the likelihood of further injury.
For your clients: Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks free your clients from having to hold their horses’ heads up while you perform dentistry or other procedures on the head.
The stocks also provide a safety barrier, helping prevent owners from injury by their own horses while under your care, providing a level of safety unachievable without stocks—at their place or yours.
Your insurance company and ACC should care.
For you and your employed veterinarians or students: Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks offer you all of these benefits. Dentistry, radiology, reproductive work, standing surgery are all simplified.
The stocks take only a few minutes to set up and you’ll save time and money by having your equipment where you need it, when you need it, at your client’s place or yours.
For those of you who love dentistry, the stocks allow support for your patient’s head in a position which simplifies your work and even better, minimize the likelihood of a forefoot in your face while you’re attempting an infraorbital nerve block, among a load of other procedures.
Give your patients, clients and yourself the best and safest veterinary experience possible with your own stocks—behind your own vet vehicle—every day, with Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks.
Again, they are available as stationary stocks as well!
Now available with finance for approved purchasers in New Zealand.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements.
Come on by our website for more information or ring us to discuss your individual needs.
- * Take a closer look at our stocks
- * You won’t be disappointed
- * Visit website
or contact by phone or email (below)
About the Developer
Elizabeth Thompson, BA, DVM, MANZCVS, GradDipTeach, is a practicing equine veterinarian with a primarily equine veterinary dental practice. After completing her MANZCVS in Equine Dentistry, Lizzi’s frustration with the lack of facilities required for quality, state of the art dental work grew.
At the time, her practice area comprised a primarily pleasure horse clientele without stocks and no portable equine stocks seemed to be manufactured in New Zealand, so she created Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks.
Consultation with many veterinarians in the USA and UK, combined with Lizzi’s own experience as a Large Animal ICU Student Technician while attending UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, resulted in the development and design of these stocks, and Equi-Still Portable Equine Stocks was born at Blue Mist Equine Veterinary Centre near Waihi, New Zealand. 2017 saw our first foray into the United States at the AAEP Annual Convention and Trade Show at San Antonio, Texas and due to the interest there, we’re now set up to manufacture the US models in the States, while our NZ stocks will continue to be built here.