Code of conduct
This code sets out principles and behaviours that the horsesforsale.co.nz expects of buyers, sellers and other users of this site.
All users are expected to:
- Conduct themselves honestly and in good faith at all times
- Comply with all laws, including sale of goods and intellectual property laws
- Comply with horsesforsale.co.nz’s terms and conditions
- Not spam other members or promote goods or services on another site.
Sellers agree to:
- Describe items for sale accurately
- Answer questions as soon as possible
- Ensure that transactions are completed and items are sent as soon as possible after receiving payment unless agreed otherwise
Buyers agree to:
- Pay for items as soon as possible once offer has been accepted
- Answer questions and emails as soon as possible
Advertisers and Businesses (sellers in trade) agree to:
- Disclose clearly that they are sellers in trade
- Comply with all relevant laws, including the Fair Trading Act 1986and its regulations, and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Ensure goods are of acceptable quality, safe and durable, clearly identify and make the buyer aware of any defects
- Ensure goods are fit for purpose
- Act responsibly and promptly to fix product faults within a reasonable time (other than those caused by unreasonable use) or offer a replacement or refund.
- Ensure delivery terms are clear and can be met e.g. include postage costs, tax, fees and estimated delivery times.
Terms and Conditions
- Membership Registration indicates your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. co.nz’s terms and conditions are intended to help keep our members and users of this website safe and make horsesforsale.co.nz a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell horses and related equestrian goods.
- Acceptance of terms and conditions: These are the terms and conditions on which horsesforsale.co.nz offers you access to the site. By registering as a member of horsesforsale.co.nz you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use this site.
- Amendment of terms and conditions: horsesforsale.co.nz may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Unless otherwise stated, amendments will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended terms and conditions. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Your continued use of the site represents your agreement to the current terms and conditions.
- In these terms and conditions, the following expressions have the meanings set out:
- ‘item’, ‘items’ means goods or property that may be bought or sold through the classified process;
- ‘member’ means a registered member of horsesforsale.co.nz;
- ‘Services’ means any one or more of the services offered by horsesforsale.co.nz, from time to time, including classifieds and any other service that horsesforsale.co.nz may offer;
- ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are a reference to horsesforsale.co.nz;
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ are a reference to you;
- ‘Site’ means the horsesforsale.co.nz site through which the services are offered;
- ‘listing’ means a listing on the site through which you offer, negotiate, buy, sell or advertise any item, service or job through a classified advertisement;
- ‘seller’ includes any person placing a listing.
- Purpose of Site. co.nz provides a venue for members who want to buy and sell items. horsesforsale.co.nz does not take any part in the sale of items other than by providing our site as a service for members.
- If an offer is accepted by a seller, a contract of sale will be formed between the buyer and the seller directly. horsesforsale.co.nz does not act as an agent for the parties and does not participate in any sale or transaction between you and other members.
- co.nz may provide a trade directory where members can be connected with vendors, trades people and service providers. horsesforsale.co.nz does not take any part in discussions between Directory advertisers and members other than by providing our site as a service for members and method for forwarding queries. Any contract is formed between the buyer and the seller directly. We do not act as agent for the parties and do not participate in any sale or transaction between you and other members.
- At your own risk.Transactions and all other contact between you and other members are conducted entirely at your own risk. You agree that horsesforsale.co.nz takes no responsibility or liability for any misconduct of any of its members including, without limitation, members that have registered under false pretences or who attempt to defraud you. horsesforsale.co.nz gives no undertakings, representations, or warranties in relation to items sold or listed on this site including issues arising about;
- ownership of any item;
- accuracy of listings;
- that any item or service listed will meet your requirements or expectations; or
- your ability as members to complete a transaction
- You understand and agree that:
- your use of this site is at your sole risk. The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted by law, horsesforsale.co.nz disclaims and excludes all implied conditions or warranties, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement;
- where services are offered horsesforsale.co.nz disclaims and excludes liability for any guarantees that a service will be carried out with reasonable care and skill, fitness for a particular purpose, time of completion or price for the provision of a service;
- co.nz does not warrant that
- the service provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or
- that any information (including feedback) provided on the site is error-free or reliable;
- no advice or information that is obtained by you from horsesforsale.co.nz or anyone else shall create any warranty by horsesforsale.co.nz that is not stated in the terms and conditions; and
- responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this site (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests with the advertisers.
- Each advertiser is solely responsible for any representation made in connection with its advertisement.
- responsibility for any refund rests with the seller
- co.nz is not responsible for protecting members from fraud
- You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, any and all liability and responsibility of horsesforsale.co.nz to you or any other person under or in connection with these terms and conditions, or in connection with the services, this site, another Member’s acts or omissions, or your use of or inability to use, the services or this site, is excluded regardless of whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. horsesforsale.co.nz ‘s liability and responsibility is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business or anticipated savings, general and special damages, and consequential and incidental loss.
- You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses), losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your failure to comply with these terms and conditions, your failure to complete a transaction, your sale or attempted sale of an item prohibited under clause 4.2(d), or arising out of any content or item you submit, post, transmit, or make available through the services.
- Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to horsesforsale.co.nz, horsesforsale.co.nz may limit your activities on the site, remove your listings or other content, warn other members of your actions, issue a warning to you, suspend or terminate your membership, or refuse to provide our services to you if you breach these terms and conditions or where horsesforsale.co.nz considers it appropriate.
- Becoming a member is free.
- You warrant that you have provided complete, accurate and current personal information when registering as a member. You must ensure your personal information held by horsesforsale.co.nz is correct. horsesforsale.co.nz may contact you to verify these details. You must not register as a member under multiple identities or personas (whether false or not). However, you may create a business membership in addition to your personal membership.
- co.nz reserves the right to decline to register or to terminate your membership without entering into further discussions with you. Without limiting this, horsesforsale.co.nz may terminate your membership if a serious complaint or multiple complaints are received about you from other members, if you breach these terms and conditions, if you impersonate another member, or if we, at our sole discretion, deem your behaviour to be unacceptable.
- Members who have registered under multiple aliases will have all of their aliases disabled.
- In the event of termination, you also agree that you will not open or attempt to open any new horsesforsale.co.nz memberships.
- You may at any time end your horsesforsale.co.nz membership. If you end your membership, or if it is terminated by horsesforsale.co.nz, your ability to use the member view only areas of the horsesforsale.co.nz site will end.
- Security of your login information.You are responsible for keeping your login information, including your email address and password, secret and secure. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree:
- not to permit any other person to use your user name or membership; and
- not to disclose, or provide to any other person information in connection with your membership that may allow them to gain access to your member account.
- Communication via email or other means.co.nz reserves the right to send you emails relating to your membership, transactions and other activities on the site, and for promoting and marketing horsesforsale.co.nz advertisers’ products and services to you. horsesforsale.co.nz may also send regular electronic newsletters to you. Newsletters will contain clear and obvious instructions for how you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
- General Rules.
- All listings and communications made through horsesforsale.co.nz shall be made in good faith.
- You must not damage, interfere with or harm the site or services, or any network, or system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so.
- You may not use a robot, spider, scraper or other unauthorised automated means to access the site or information featured on it for any purpose.
- You may list your email address, phone number or any other contact detail within the description of listings, listing comments and/or questions, and in your member profile.
- You must list items for sale in New Zealand dollars and include GST in the price (except when listing commercial property for lease, which excludes GST). All tax obligations are the responsibility of the seller and/or the buyer.
- You are responsible for any actions taken through your membership. horsesforsale.co.nz memberships are not transferable to another member
- Buyers and Sellers Obligations.
- Sellers must be located in New Zealand.
- Sellers outside of these countries are not permitted to sell on horsesforsale.co.nz, unless specifically authorised by horsesforsale.co.nz
- You may only enter listings that fall within the categories provided on this site. All listings must be accurate, current, complete, and include all relevant information about the terms of sale, payment terms, delivery methods and who pays the cost of shipment. You must list an item in the most appropriate category for your item.
- You may only place listings for items that exist, are in New Zealand, are to be sold, and that you are legally entitled to sell. You will only list items that are in your possession, except where horsesforsale.co.nz has approved otherwise. In the case of motor vehicles, you must hold clear authority to sell such vehicles before being able to list them.
- All listings must comply with New Zealand law. You must not list anything that is illegal, offensive (including anything of a defamatory, pornographic, or racially or ethnically objectionable nature), stolen, or unsafe, anything which infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights, items which have been illegally imported or which would require illegal import or export in order to complete the transaction, or any item of which the sale is prohibited by, or violates any, law. You are responsible for ensuring that any listing by you does not breach this clause
- You agree that horsesforsale.co.nz may disclose your personal information, including your name and contact details, to the relevant authorities, parties and/or the applicable intellectual property right holders (or their representatives) if we consider that you are in breach of these clauses at any time
- You must ensure you hold the copyright or are otherwise licensed to use any images you add to your listings.
- By uploading images to the site you agree to allow HorsesForSale.co.nz to use these images to promote your listing and the website in general. This may be via e-newsletter or social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.) or other methods of a similar nature.
- Your listing may only contain a URL for a website that contains further information on the item you have listed. This website must not offer any items for sale, or contain contact details. You must not use horsesforsale.co.nz listings to promote a business or website other than one for sale in your listing
- Sellers may choose to sell to any buyer at their discretion
- Adult content will be removed
- Listings will be screened for content. horsesforsale.co.nz reserves the right to remove any listing that it deems unsuitable or in breach of the terms and conditions
- You agree to your email address and contact phone number being made available for registered members to view
- You must promptly forward the listed item to the successful buyer on completion of the transaction
- You must not charge unreasonable amounts for delivery and packaging costs
- To help maintain quality listings, horsesforsale.co.nz reserves the right to suspend sellers who do not conform to the above terms.
- Buyers must make full and prompt payment to the seller for any items they buy
- Pricing and fees. co.nz reserves the right to charge a fee for classified listings and trade advertisements on this website
- Current fees are listed on our Pricing Page
- co.nz reserves the right to change the fees charged for any of our services at any time
- If you remove a listing prior to the expiry of the listing, there will be no refund on your listing price
- All fees are inclusive of GST and in New Zealand dollars unless otherwise stated
- System integrity.co.nz will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the site and services, subject to any downtime required for maintenance. However, horsesforsale.co.nz takes no responsibility for any system unavailability, or for any loss that is incurred as a result of this site or services being unavailable. Further, horsesforsale.co.nz assumes no responsibility for the corruption of any data or information held by horsesforsale.co.nz
- Resolution of disputes.As horsesforsale.co.nz is not a party to any sale or transaction between you and another member, you agree not to involve, or attempt to involve, horsesforsale.co.nz in any dispute or in the resolution of disputes that arise between you and another member as a result of the services provided.
- Force Majeure. co.nz has no liability for any lack of performance, unavailability or failure of the services or the site, or for any failure of horsesforsale.co.nz to comply with these terms and conditions where the same arises from any cause reasonably beyond the control of horsesforsale.co.nz.
- No Waiver.If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Partial Invalidity.If any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, and in any respect, that provision shall be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law.These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- Intellectual Property Rights.co.nz (and its licensors or suppliers, as the case may be) owns all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the site (including text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) and the software and other material underlying and forming part of the services and the site.
- You may not without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this site; or
- Commercialise, copy, or on-sell any information, or items obtained from any part of this site
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements and representations whatsoever whether oral or written, and constitutes the entire agreement, between the parties, relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions
Affiliate Disclosure Statement
From time to time we place affiliate advertising on this website to help offset the costs of hosting and maintaining the site. View our full Affiliate Disclosure Statement here.